UPDATE: our WM has notified our members of the following:
The Grand Master has sent out his ruling about our meetings. There are multiple points that he made but I will try to sum most of them up.
1) Masks are to be worn at all times
2) No dinners unless prepared somewhere else and brought in individually wrapped – I will say no dinners as it’s is too difficult to have to deal with individually wrapped meals
3) It is recommended for us to check temperatures before brothers are allowed into lodge – I will say that we WILL do this to follow his recommendation. We will have no touch forehead thermometers and anyone with a temperature over 100 degree F will NOT be allowed into lodge.
4) We will not have any degree work for a while, likely at least until the end of the year.
5) We will have no contact during opening and closing and do not need to transfer the word until at least October 28.
6) Our lodge meetings will be kept to strictly business needed for us to continue to function and we will need to keep the meetings short, we will have no guess lectures or continuing education.
7) There is to be NO balloting with the ballot box. We can discuss this more as needed.
8) We are only permitted to have examinations on Master Mason(of which we have none). All other degree catechisms will have to be postponed.
9) We are not permitted to have any family nights/gatherings unless they are outdoors and we can maintain safe distance.
10) We will have hand sanitizer(as we can find it) placed around the lodge and we will clean before and after the meetings.
These are not all of his points but the ones that I feel like are the main points.
Brethren, I know all this is a lot but we need to take these steps to make sure we are keeping each other as safe as possible. We will make it through this. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we are all trying to find the best way to navigate the times we are in now.
Our first meeting back will be Thursday, June 25th. There will be no dinner so the meeting will begin at 7:30p. If you have a concern that you would like addressed and don’t feel comfortable coming to lodge, please reach out to me or one of the officers for us to bring it up before the lodge. Big decisions that need to be made about the lodge will likely be tabled until we can reach out to members and get more input. Please let me know what concerns you may have and I look forward to getting through this with y’all and looking towards the future.
Lee Pope WM 2020
The Historical Preservation Committee is entering it’s second year, working to preserve the history of Buford Masonic Lodge #292 by doing the following:
- Record events in photos and text.
- Create a “Annual” to be presented to the Worshipful Master and bretheren at the end of each year.
- Update and maintain the Lodge Library.
- Complete the picture gallery of previous Worshipful Masters.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments and suggestions.
Our new website was put on-line Sunday July 15th. There is much to be done yet to make it complete. Your comments and suggestions are welcomed. I will do my best in evaluating all comments and try to make our website more useful and enjoyable. Fraternally yours, Ray Bailey.