Buford Masonic Lodge #292 F&AM Scholarship Application
RULES OF THE SCHOLARSHIP:
- The Scholarship shall be named: “Buford Masonic Lodge #292 F&AM Scholarship”
- The dollar amount of the Scholarship will be set annually by the Scholarship Committee.
- The 2023 Scholarship amount will be $1,000 and up to 4 will be awarded.
- The Scholarship is intended to assist in covering any expense associated with the studies of a first-year student at a technical school, a junior college or four-year university.
- The Scholarship will not be awarded in conjunction with a full, four-year Scholarship.
- Scholarships will not be based on academics or financial needs, alone.
- The following traits will be considered by the Scholarship Committee when evaluating the application and the character reference letters of recommendation; (in no particular order)
- Leadership qualities
- Scholastic achievements
- Financial needs
- Moral character
- Special talents
- Field of study
- Past charitable involvement in their community
- Communication skills
- Selection of Scholarship recipient(s) will be made by Scholarship Committee, and their decision is final.
- Scholarship recipient(s) will be notified by May 3, 2023.
- Scholarships will be presented to recipients on May 11, 2023 at a meeting, held at Buford Masonic Lodge #292 F&AM, 99 Spring St., Buford, GA 30518 at 7:30 pm. Dinner is served prior to the meeting at 6:30 pm. Scholarship recipients, their families and guests are invited to dine with us. Family and guests are encouraged to attend the presentation of Scholarships at the meeting.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE APPLICANT:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and a member of the 2023 graduating class of Buford High School, North Gwinnett High School or Lanier High School.
- Applicant must have maintained a minimum of a 3.0 GPA during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Applicant must provide a copy of their current, official transcript from their high school.
- Applicant must be accepted by and committed to a university, a junior college or a trade school prior to Buford Masonic Lodge #292 F&AM Scholarship being awarded and presented.
- All recommending signers, whether an educator or administrator, must have had personal contact with, or taught the applicant for at least two quarters during the applicant’s Junior and/or Senior years of high school.
- Applicant must have at least (3) character reference letters of recommendation accompany the application. At least one letter of recommendation must be from a community leader, such as the applicant’s Clergy, an educator, or other civic organization leader.
- A personal letter from the applicant to the Scholarship Committee must accompany the application. In this letter, the applicant will attest to how the Buford Masonic Lodge #292 F&AM Scholarship, their prior education, achievements, unique talents and qualities along with their future education can have a positive effect on them and their community.
- The completed and signed scholarship application, along with required letters, must be returned to Buford Lodge Scholarship Committee no later than April 17, 2023. Either via U.S Mail or electronically via email.